Diaspora Day, Belgrade, July 7, 2016
The following conclusions of Diaspora Day of July 7, 2016, were proposed and discussed:
- Create a platform (a website page) titled “Diaspora Day” for communication of all projects and activities started during Diaspora Day in Belgrade on July 7, 2016.
- Form a team that will support the project Meet Your Roots: Meet Serbia (working title). It is proposed that the team consists of representatives from the Tesla Foundation USA and Serbia, Studenica Foundation USA and Serbia, Serb National Federation USA and Singidunum University, as well as other groups that wish to support the project. It is also necessary to form a team that will write the project Meet Your Roots: Meet Serbia. The project should identify possible sources of financing, and the web site of the project Meet Your Roots: Meet Serbia should be created in the following phases of the project.
- Establish a team/working group (“Task Force”) to organize a workshop Serbian language for the Diaspora.
- Make a team for regular communication and exchange of university students in Serbia and OSSI and their faculties abroad. Work on the networking of young people from Serbia and the Diaspora by means of joint culture and art events worldwide.
- Take action to improve the image and opinion of Serbia and Serbian people throughout the world.