Join us on Diaspora Day!
Take part in panel discussions, see the exhibit
Diaspora Day is a program established in 2016 by renowned organizations from the diaspora and Serbian academic community, which was extended to Serbian communities in the region.
Diaspora Day is attended by representatives of the motherland and the diaspora, students and pupils from the diaspora, the region and Serbia, organizations from the diaspora, ambassadors, the highest-ranking representatives of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SASA) and Serbian universities.
Save the date:
July 7th, 2018!
Topics set for Diaspora Day 2018:
- Relations between the motherland and the diaspora
- How to improve relations between the motherland and the diaspora?
- What problems are preventing good relations at the moment and what are the solutions?
- What can be changed in order for problems not to be repeated?
- The diaspora and the politics of return
- Conditions that would attract our scientists, artists, businessmen and others from the diaspora to return to the country.
- Board consisting of scientists and artists from the diaspora
- Experiences of those who returned – examples of good and bad practice
- Those who come back and those who leave: how to prevent brain drain from Serbia?
- The diaspora and improvement in academic work and Serbian higher education
During Diaspora Day, a final document containing propositions to the representatives of the diaspora and motherland regarding the issues discussed will be formulated.
Join us in making conclusions and defining actions to be taken. Also, the closing ceremony and a cocktail party will be organized at the end of Diaspora Day.
This year’s official program will be followed by an exhibition of books thus promoting artists from the diaspora.
Organizers: Singidunum University and Tesla Science Foundation USA , Tesla Science Foundation Serbia with the support of Studenica Foundation USA, Serb National Federation, Serbian Cultural and Educational Society “Prosvjeta” Austria, Organization of Serbian Students Abroad, Serbian Heritage Foundation (“Matica iseljenika”), the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SASA) and others who have supported the program.
Application for participation
Diaspora Day 2017
Diaspora Day 2016
|Danijelova 32 Belgrade||Kumodraška(Bulevar Peka Dapčevića) 261a, Belgrade|